While some people avoid ports and harbours as a place to stay, when you are living in London some of the most exclusive London apartments are found in the docklands. The Docklands are situated in the east of London and include a mixture of small towns and boroughs such as Tower Hamlets, Southwark, Greenwich and Newham. The existing port has been considered to be one of the largest in the world. With the ever-changing landscape of London, the Docklands are also being transformed into a residential and commercial area. The name Docklands was first used when the government plans were being finalised in 1971 and subsequently Londoners have taken up the name in their daily use.
Previously on the London Blog
- Expat MD: All You Need To Know About Working As A Doctor In London
- Get Your Phone Ready For These 10 Apps That Make Life In London Sooo Much Easier
- Insights On Companies Hiring In London You Can Apply To Today!
- All You Need To Know About Doing Business In the Big Smoke
- 30 Cultural Differences That Will Shock Americans In London To The Bone