One of the most surprising elements of moving to London to American expats is adjusting to culture shock while living in London. Since the UK is our next of kin and we speak the same language many assume the transition will be easy, similar to a move across the country. In reality, England (and London) is a different country with different cultures and traditions. Americans often have difficulty adjusting to the subtle differences between the US and UK. Knowing that there will be an adjustment period one can take preemptive steps to combat the frustration and homesickness that will undoubtedly creep up when confronting culture shock.
Previously on the London Blog
- Expat MD: All You Need To Know About Working As A Doctor In London
- Get Your Phone Ready For These 10 Apps That Make Life In London Sooo Much Easier
- Insights On Companies Hiring In London You Can Apply To Today!
- All You Need To Know About Doing Business In the Big Smoke
- 30 Cultural Differences That Will Shock Americans In London To The Bone