If you are moving to London, you might want to take a crash course in the English language. If you thought that English was spoken on both sides of the Atlantic, you might be in for a bit of a shock when you land at Heathrow and discover that what you thought was English is very different from the language that is being spoken. There is a lot of slang used by English people, and it might be helpful if you know about some of the most popular words and phrases that are used every day by people living in London. The best thing you can do when confronted with a word or a phrase that you don’t understand is to ask. No one will mind if you ask questions and most people will be impressed that you are trying to understand the local culture. It is better to ask than to assume something and end up getting it completely wrong.
Previously on the London Blog
- The Safest Areas Of London That Are Perfect For A New Family Nest
- The Hidden Costs Of Renting In London
- The Spookiest Urban Legends Of London To Give You The Goosebumps After This Halloween
- Your Ultimate Guide To A London Style Halloween
- 10 Major Facts Every Australian Should Know Before Moving To London