One of the biggest complaints from Americans moving to London is that they cannot understand what the locals are saying. To be fair to the British people there is more than one accent and sometimes British nationals even have a difficult time understanding each other! While the British accent is pretty easy to become accustomed, the Cockney accent is another story completely. Cockney is not just an accent; it is a language unto itself.
Previously on the London Blog
- Expat MD: All You Need To Know About Working As A Doctor In London
- Get Your Phone Ready For These 10 Apps That Make Life In London Sooo Much Easier
- Insights On Companies Hiring In London You Can Apply To Today!
- All You Need To Know About Doing Business In the Big Smoke
- 30 Cultural Differences That Will Shock Americans In London To The Bone