If you are moving to London, expect to pay a licence fee to watch public broadcasting on the TV. The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) provides television programming, radio and internet services across England and uses the funds from licence fees to keep it in business. While other networks and media companies raise their revenues through advertising, the BBC differs in that it relies entirely on funds collected from licence fees.
Previously on the London Blog
- Get Your Phone Ready For These 10 Apps That Make Life In London Sooo Much Easier
- Insights On Companies Hiring In London You Can Apply To Today!
- All You Need To Know About Doing Business In the Big Smoke
- 30 Cultural Differences That Will Shock Americans In London To The Bone
- 5 London Zone 1 Facts You’d Wish You Knew Earlier