When you are living in London you have to pay a visit to Greenwich. Not only is it an important historical site, it is a great day out along the river, and a fascinating look into time itself. The area is probably most famous for its connection to the navy and to maritime history in England. The town was originally a Royal palace, and many famous royals were born there, including Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. A number of noble homes were constructed along the river bank and it became a popular destination for the nobility during the 17th century.
Previously on the London Blog
- The Safest Areas Of London That Are Perfect For A New Family Nest
- The Hidden Costs Of Renting In London
- The Spookiest Urban Legends Of London To Give You The Goosebumps After This Halloween
- Your Ultimate Guide To A London Style Halloween
- 10 Major Facts Every Australian Should Know Before Moving To London