This is the first of a series of articles on the social structure that has been a part of the very fabric of life in England and especially London. While many English people might dismiss the idea of the hierarchal social class system, it is still in force to a large degree and follows a complicated set of rules and behaviours. Unlike other countries around the world, the issue of social class is not based on money, and even if one is immensely rich, it does not mean that you are able to migrate into a different class or social standing. In London, the situation is somewhat easier, because it is a cosmopolitan city and has a large population of people who are not English, but it is still wise to have an understanding of how the English social class system works, just in case you are invited to Buckingham Palace to visit a member of the Royal Family.
Previously on the London Blog
- Top 10 “Top 10 Lists” About London You’d Be Crazy To Miss!
- Expat MD: All You Need To Know About Working As A Doctor In London
- Get Your Phone Ready For These 10 Apps That Make Life In London Sooo Much Easier
- Insights On Companies Hiring In London You Can Apply To Today!
- All You Need To Know About Doing Business In the Big Smoke