Moving to London England from Canada is going to be a big move. It’s not like moving across the country, even though the distances may seem the same. Your London relocation agent will be able to help you with moving to London England from Canada to find an apartment in a few days, but there is a lot that you can do to make sure you’re fully prepared for your relocation.
Moving To England From Canada Tips
The first thing that you ought to consider doing is making an inventory or database of all of your belongings. Try and make it as detailed as possible so you know exactly what you have before and after moving to London England from Canada. Once you have a full list of everything that you own, you need to decode what you’re going to do with it. There should be at least five fields that you can assign to each item:
- Trash. Throw it away if you know you’re not going to use it ever again. Don’t say you need everything. You have to be ruthless when you’re planning on moving to London England from Canada.
- For Sale. Make a list of the items that you can sell. These will be your appliances and other big items that will not fit into a standard apartment.
- For Storage. If you don’t want to give up your items then you can store them back at home until you decide what to do with them. Consider using professional storage. Items left with family could get damaged and ‘lost’ in the years that you will be away.
- Transport. All of the items that need to be packed for transport for moving to England from Canada. Everything should be clearly marked on your inventory, so that you can supply your professional movers with a list to get a comprehensive quote up front.
- Luggage. This is a useful field and will include all of the items and clothing that you pack to bring with you. All of your paperwork should be in your hand luggage. Consider packing a set of bed linen in your suitcases so you’re not scrabbling around in boxes on the first night in your new home.
Taking a little time to make this database will save you hours of time when you’re moving to England from Canada. The more the prepare up front, the easier it’ll be across the pond.